The Maintenance Manager will lead the operation of a safe and efficient Maintenance & Set up (MSG) Department. This includes, but is not limited to, the production processes, the facilities and grounds maintenance, installation of equipment, trouble shooting, improve safety and efficiency, monitoring parts and supplies usage and maintaining a Preventive Maintenance program. He or she will report directly to the Plant Manager.
- Make sure employees abide by safety standards.
- Ensure the operating efficiency of all equipment and machines.
- Oversee the Preventive Maintenance program.
- Manage the parts and supply needs and inventories of the facility.
- Prioritize, plan and direct the responsibilities of the MSG Department.
- Communicate status of issues, repairs, installations, etc. with internal and external customers.
- An Engineering degree is preferred or equivalent in practical work experience.
- 5+ years of hands-on Industrial Maintenance experience is required.
- Demonstrated supervisory or managerial experience is necessary.
- Strong knowledge of industrial equipment and an aptitude for mechanical concepts.
- An Industrial electrical understanding is an asset.
- Strong communication skills (spoken & written).
- Computer skills: must be able to use efficiently the Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, etc.)
- Strong capacity to prioritize and ability to work within a fast-pace, 24-hour environment.
- Highly organized and adaptable.
- Plastics Experience a plus