Manager of FP&A
A leading North American manufacturer with sales of approximately $2.5 billion, operates 45 manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and The Netherlands, and has approximately 6,800 employees.
This Charlotte based business unit has annual sales of approximately $575 million and operates 10 manufacturing facilities in the U.S. and two in Canada.
They are looking for a high-energy, exceptional FP&A Manager to improve business analytics and financial reporting processes. The position will be based in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- FP&A Manager – reports directly to the BU Sr. Director of FP&A
- Direct Reports: one newly hired Commercial Financial Analyst supporting the business unit.
- Assist in the development and then help drive / lead business analytics and reporting processes. This position is a key finance leader role to the business team and will have extensive visibility and interaction with senior levels of the Finance leadership team.
- In conjunction with Sr. Director – FP&A lead the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) process for the business unit.
- Take a lead role in analyzing weekly, monthly and quarterly results and preparing business reporting to business unit and executive management teams for overall business performance, sales performance and working capital performance. Building sales and income “bridges / walks” must be a previously acquired skill set.
- Monthly analytics include in-depth analyses of sales performance across product lines, customers and market segments; familiarity with concepts of “volume, price and mix” drivers to sales performance must be a previously acquired skill set.
- Overall responsibility to create a high-quality, business focused finance team that actively supports and is imbedded into the business teams. Finance is not a back office function and is expected to be a key member of the business team. The FP&A Manager must be an exceptional leader to the finance team and must actively train, coach, guide direct reports to maximize individual and team contributions and performance.
Quickly develop an understanding of BU financial performance and strategic imperatives, especially as they relate to sales performance, manufacturing operations; and gain a broad understanding of the business’ market segment including products, customers and competitive environment.
Assume key responsibilities and drive improvements in the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) process, coordinating activities with the Sr. Director – FP&A.
Hire a new financial analyst, in first three months, to provide additional business analysis support for the sales organization.
Take a lead role in and assist the business unit to implement a future ERP system.
Develop and implement analytics and reporting of business unit level SG&A spending of approximately $65M annual spending including rolling out cost center owners to help drive accountability and understanding of SG&A.
Assist in the creation of more efficient and timely analysis and reporting of overall BU financial performance and at the product line level.
Improve financial analysis and planning processes for sales information for product, customer and market segments including volume and pricing trends and customer profitability. The company has a consolidating sales data cube and this role will help maximize its utilization and effectiveness. This position will work with newly hired Commercial Financial Analyst, a direct report, to achieve these improvements.
- Four-year bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting, MBA or CPA is preferred but not required.
- 7+ years of experience in business analysis, financial planning and reporting.
- Exceptional proficiency in building financial models and knowledge of excel and must have a strong understand of standard costing systems.
- Must have previous experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Must have previous management experience building and leading a high functioning, professional finance team.
- Previous experience working with integrated ERP systems and highly proficient in information technology financial applications