Global manufacturing company focused on developing innovative products that provide superior performance and reliability.
Manufacturing Engineer functions including production (machining and assembly), quality, maintenance, manufacturing engineering and continuous improvement to achieve operational performance goals and support overall business objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support day-to-day activities of production / manufacturing / machine shop.
- Lead and coordinate manufacturing activities required to meet or exceed our commitments to customers.
- Continuous improvement efforts to drive waste reduction and improve operational performance.
- Initiate and direct projects focused on improving processes and eliminating waste.
- Establish operating plans, resource plans and budgets to support annual business plans and sales goals.
- Support long-term capital investment plans required to support overall business objectives.
- Create and submit requests for capital appropriations and execute projects ensuring intended results are achieved.
- Manage and maintain plant machinery, tooling, equipment, and facilities.
- Trouble shoot machinery and help with preventative maintenance.
- Ensure successful startup of in-sourced machined components or ramp-down of out-sourced components.
- Ensure compliance with established environmental, health and safety policies and regulations.
- Ensure maintenance of and adherence to our quality management system.
- Requires a minimum of 5 plus years’ experience in a manufacturing position
- Experience in a high-volume metals manufacturing environment
- Four-year engineering degree is required
- Experienced in lean manufacturing and producing measurable savings in manufacturing
- Record of accomplishment of establishing processes for different departments
- Hands-on engineer who has supported manufacturing, assembly, and machining
- Competency with ERP systems and MS office software required
- Requires ability to work independently and with very limited supervision
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively with subordinates within the company
- Problem solving abilities and leadership skills required
- Exposure to CAD; reviews and revisions