Seeking a Manufacturing Engineer who is interested in working on the shop floor supporting production, prototyping, and learning process improvements and continuous improvements for a global manufacturing organization located in Charlotte, NC area.
- Responsible for supporting the day-to-day production of components and assemblies.
- Works closely with the Senior Engineering Team to support production, prototyping, and continuous improvement of product quality through leaner concepts.
- Utilize production optimization tools (swim lane charts, work balance boards, time study methods, etc.) in order to remove waste from the processes and deliver desired output quality and rate.
- Helps to design machining processes for new or revised parts.
- Provides support for manufacturing launch of new or revised products.
- Create and manage manufacturing bills of material, work instructions and specifications.
- Work closely with design engineers to transition newly developed parts into production with a focus on design for manufacturability.
- Assists in improving a system of production control, SOP, safety, quality control and training.
- Supports to improve output rates of processes.
- Helps to performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement and improved efficiency.
- BS. in Engineering or similar discipline.
- Lean manufacturing training and hands-on experience.
- 1-3 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment after college
- Able to read blue prints and CAD drawings.
- Hands-on engineer who enjoys being on the shop floor required.
- Design for Manufacturability and assembly experience knowledge.
- Exposure to capacity modeling, process mapping, and fault analysis.
- CAD experience.
- Ability to engage with and influence people at any level of the company to achieve results.
- Passion for problem solving at any level for the good of the company.