World-Class manufacturer of industrial grade product has an immediate need for a Manufacturing Engineer to join their organization. Opportunity to work cross-functional with multiple different areas of the plant. Leading edge manufacturing technologies and processes this position supports, develops, evaluate and improve plant manufacturing quality, methods and systems.
Seeking an experienced hands-on manufacturing who is interested in supporting production, working on process improvements, and looking at new technology & machinery for a production in a manufacturing environment.
- Responsible for supporting the day-to-day production of components and assemblies.
- Coordinate engineering changes on the production line
- Work on new tooling and fixtures
- Utilize production optimization tools (swim lane charts, work balance boards, time study methods, etc.) in order to remove waste from the processes and deliver desired output quality and rate.
- Execute process improvement projects such as 5S Projects, Kaizen etc.
- Helps to design machining processes for new or revised parts.
- Provides support for manufacturing launch of new or revised products.
- Create and manage manufacturing bills of material, work instructions and specifications.
- Work closely with design engineers to transition newly developed parts into production with a focus on design for manufacturability.
- Assists in improving a system of production control, SOP, safety, quality control and training.
- Supports to improve output rates of processes.
- Helps to performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement and improved efficiency.
Three plus years of relevant experience preferred Lean manufacturing experience. Experience within Assembly manufacturing preferred.
Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
Knowledge of Manufacturing Excellence tools (Lean principle, Six Sigma, Kaizen, Kanban)
Knowledge of Microsoft access, adobe illustrator, CAD is a plus.
Hands-on engineer who enjoys being on the shop floor driving positive change