Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Summary: World-Class industrial manufacture that is in the midst of an exciting new chapter has a need for an Engineering Manager to oversee manufacturing engineering, CAPEX goals, and lead the plant lean manufacturing efforts.
Job duties include:
- Determine the right mix of engineering skills, capabilities, and skill specialization to meet the strategic needs today, and in the future, assigning tasks based on organizational priorities and individual background and experience.
- Responsible for all Program and Project engineering management activities at the plant level, including all actions necessary to provide technical support to the manufacturing operation through project launch. This would include projects, research and development, as well as industrial process and facility engineering related items to ensure program success.
- Responsible for establishing the most effective manufacturing methods and processes within the scope of designated specifications, drawings, and customer requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring up-to-date drawings, records, and data on all tooling, fixturing, processes and methods utilized during project realization.
- Responsible for determining facility and equipment additions, revisions, and deletions for capital budgeting and appropriation funding, using cost justification as required to ensure smooth program execution.
- Responsible for determining and analyzing causes of manufacturing variances with demonstrated ability to reduce costs such that programs can meet quoted rates.
- Define the lean strategy and deployment for the plant
- Manage prototypes; involving drilling, mechanical fasteners, welding, etc.
- Manage the introduction of new parts into manufacturing
- Responsible for performing other duties as assigned by Plant Manager.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
- 10 plus years of manufacturing experience with 5 plus years manufacturing leadership experience required
- Project/Program management & customer interaction experience required
- Lean manufacturing experience with training in Six Sigma Tools
- Able to handle deadlines, communicate with cross-functional team, and look at new technology to drive positive change.
- Time study / Motion Study , Line balancing, Layout optimization, New model introduction/ integration in existing setup
- New product development process from manufacturing engineering point of view