We are working with a global manufacturer that designs and distributes sophisticated industrial components. The company is in the midst of an exciting new chapter and looking to bring on a leader for their manufacturing manager to lead the CNC and welding departments for the plant.
Production Manager Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the daily activities of the production and operation teams
- Monitor shift activities, work on scheduling, provide direct instruction to production personnel and monitor quality
- Delegate production assignments to appropriate teams and personnel
- Establish work flow for all manufacturing activities.
- Review and compile manufacturing records, such as yield, scrap, and maintenance costs.
- Assist in development of budget plans, including headcount, tooling and machine requirements and provide input on cost reduction initiative programs
- Help in the development of manufacturing plans, streamlining efficiencies, identifying material, facility, and equipment needs.
- Reviews production and operating reports
- Inspect all materials and equipment to detect malfunctions
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Maintain an effective CNC production team
- Previous experience in production, manufacturing, or other related fields
- Must have minimum 4 years related experience in Production Supervision in a fabrication manufacturing industry.
- Hands-on experience of machining/fabrication is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of production tools and equipment
- Strong leadership qualities
- Experience programming, machine setup, and operating
- Trained in lean six sigma and/or lean manufacturing tools a plus
- Solid understanding of GD&T