Manufacturing Operations Manager
TalentBridge is currently recruiting for an experienced Manufacturing Operations Manager for a global manufacturer with a plant in the Rock Hill, SC area.
- The Operations Manager will set the standard for plant visions, goals and targets to ensure continuous performance improvement.
- Ensures the manufacturing plant produces quality products to meet business demands.
- Partners with Sales, Supply Chain, Procurement, Human Resources and Finance to ensure continuous quality operation.
POSITION IN THE ORGANIZATION:
- The Plant Manager reports directly to the Director of Manufacturing and dotted line to the VP Operations.
- The Plant Manager directly manages the Production & Maintenance Manager, Plant Improvement Manager, QEHS Manager and EHS Manager.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors, directs, and controls all plant operations: policies and procedures to improve physical plant operating efficiencies, employee relations, environmental control, safety and regulatory compliance;
- Prepares and controls all plant expenses and capital budgets;
- Coordinates with Business Management, Supply Chain, Technical, Sales, Regulatory, Procurement, Finance, HR and, IT
- Meets all measures regarding plant performance (i.e. ISO, first-pass quality, Customer Corrective Action, EHS and expense)
- Ensures facility operates to meet customers' goals while also meeting business goals
- Communicates with the business providing guidance regarding products, processes and trends affecting the business.
- Mitigate risk. Ensure thorough, and ever-improving Safety Program, is in place to meet or exceed requirements, and to achieve the goal of no safety or environmental incidents.
- Works closely with Sales, Supply Chain, and Finance to achieve the target customer service levels while meeting the financial and inventory goals of the plant.
- Achieve manufacturing expense budget while optimizing operations to attain cost saving measures within the plant expenses.
- In coordination with Technical, introduce and optimize new products in a timely manner to meet market demands.
- Develop programs, policies and procedures to continuously improve quality and productivity of the plant, while eliminating chronic bottlenecks and process issues to reduce rework inventory and its generation.
- Direct and manage the Capital Program. This includes identifying, justifying and prioritizing projects, assigning responsibility, approving designs, quotes, overseeing installation, start-up, and validation to meet the schedule, cost and payback.
· BS or MS in Chemical Engineering and/or Chemistry, MBA is a strong plus
· 10+ years of plant management experience with batch processes
· Experience in, and deep understanding of FDA Regulations required.
· Demonstrated in-depth understanding of GMP Manufacturing .
· Hands on experience in implementation of Continuous Improvement
· Demonstrated ability to build effective teams and lead in a team environment
· Business knowledge, deep understanding of budgeting and P&L
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Lean Improvement Expert certification is a strong plus.