Manufacturing Process Engineer
- Industry leader in the manufacture of industrial components
- Years of experience developing manufacturing capabilities to meet customer demand
- Highly talented and experienced engineering, manufacturing, and measurement support ensure high standards
- Committed to providing high quality products while simplifying and improving customers supply chain
WHY YOU SHOULD CONSIDER THIS OPPORTUNITY:
- High Visibility with a commitment to professional development
- Opportunity to join a growing company with the opportunity for advancement
Position Summary: Seeking an experienced hands-on manufacturing engineer who is interested in supporting production, working on process improvements, and looking at new technology & machinery for a production in a manufacturing environment. The Manufacturing Engineer needs to be have working knowledge of machinery, set up of machinery, and machine utilization.
- Responsible for supporting the day-to-day production of components.
- Work on the shop floor to drive positive change through lean manufacturing projects
- Design fixtures and tooling
- Monitor tooling costs and report cost savings
- Set up machinery when needed
- Create and manage manufacturing bills of material, work instructions and specifications.
- Work closely with design engineers to transition newly developed parts into production with a focus on design for manufacturability.
- Assists in improving a system of production control, SOP, safety, quality control and training.
- Supports to improve output rates of processes.
- Helps to performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement and improved efficiency.
- Hands-on engineering specialist
- Willing to use hand tools, take measurements, and read blue prints.
- CNC programming experience
- 4+ years of experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Basic AutoCAD experience, 3D CAD is plus.
- Basic level of statistics (SPC)
- Hands-on experience working with machining processes including programming, tooling design and cutting tool selection a plus.
- Design for Manufacturability and assembly experience knowledge.
- Exposure to capacity modeling, process mapping, and fault analysis.
- Ability to engage with and influence people at any level of the company to achieve results.
- Passion for problem solving at any level for the good of the company.