Manufacturing Process Engineer
Under the direction of the Plant Manager, the process improvement engineer will lead results oriented performance improvement using proven methodologies through Lean/Six Sigma.
This position will identify key opportunities and gaps in the core manufacturing process and ensure appropriate charters, improvement methodologies; tools and techniques are leveraged to drive performance. This role is seen as a trusted adviser to the business, helping to set and realign priorities in regard to process improvement initiatives and has accountability for their continued success.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Map processes, identify and reduce sources of waste
- Lead cross-functional teams to develop and implement process improvements
- Ensure the appropriate key measures are tracked and visible within the plant to sustain the benefits achieved Drive variation reduction in the manufacturing processes
- Continually study the manufacturing process looking for quality improvement areas
- Support line management in developing budgets and achieving continuous cost reductions
- Develop procedures and standard work instructions for the production areas
- Serve as a resource throughout the plant to help solve problems and to improve business processes
- Manage and direct Process Improvement; employees to optimize their value to the company
- Experience in leading multi-functional teams through complex projects from planning to completion
- Bachelor's degree (manufacturing, mechanical or industrial).
- 2 years experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Experience producing measurable savings in manufacturing.
- Lean manufacturing experience a plus, with Six Sigma and continuous improvement.