Mechanical Design Drafter
- Leading-edge technology company HQ in Charlotte with clients across the globe.
- Providing custom design solutions, installation, and service for a wide range of industries.
- The Mechanical Designer will support product growth with process improvements and mechanical design of systems.
- Coordinates the implementation of significant process modifications.
- Design and engineer equipment and processes to ensure all process changes are validated before implementation.
- Provides technical support to customers, in customer plants if needed, to troubleshoot and resolve problems associated with products plant wide as well as globally.
- Provide procedural documentation.
- Determine the design requirements, design the system / part, work closely with fabrication, develop the BOM, implement the installation and do the qualification.
Strong mechanical knowledge with 1+ years experience required
Experience with a 3D CAD package
Capable of designing tooling from sketches or verbal concepts.
Familiar with pneumatic and hydraulics would be a plus
Knowledge of the use of electrical devices (i.e. switches, load cells, LVDT’s, etc.
Hands on engineering experience; comfortable on the shop floor
Knowledge of the manufacturing process
Sheet metal design experience
Assemblies and Bill-of-Materials experience require