Mechanical Design Engineer
Location : Gastonia, NC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : TGJ_MDE
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3+ years
Required Education : 4 Year Engineering Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Other
Job Description :
The Mechanical Designer will work in a team environment together with the Lead Mechanical Engineer, Project Manager, Design Manager, and other mechanical designers. The mechanical designer will be tasked with the responsibility of working on highly detailed diagrams and models of engineered systems.
- Prepare 2D drawings and 3D models using AutoCAD and SolidWorks.
- Design/change standard products for manufacturing of parts or assemblies.
- Design customized products for customer approval and manufacturing.
- Follow specific instructions by engineers and product managers.
- Use independent judgment and thought processes to complete tasks.
- Follow established standards and product specifications.
- Understand and adhere to fundamental drafting policies.
- Create overall layout drawings using AutoCAD and SolidWorks.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering.
- 3+ years post-graduate experience in a design and/or manufacturing environment.
- Automation, packaging equipment, or any other machine design experience is a plus.
- Experience with 3D CAD software, preferably SolidWorks.
- Fluent in the understanding of automated processes and production style equipment. Basic electrical knowledge and mathematical proficiency.
- Project or product management is helpful.