Mechanical Design Engineer
Location : Mooresville, NC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : TJ_MDE
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2+
Required Education : Associates or Bachelors Degree in Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
Company & Position:
- Offering over 50 years of experience in innovation.
- Highly collaborative, teamwork oriented environment.
- Ability to make an immediate impact in this high visibility role.
- Strong leadership team that is investing in its talent.
- Strong base salary, benefits, and profit sharing program in place.
- Develop detailed designs and drawings for custom manufacturing equipment.
- Layout and draw schematic, orthographic, or other views to depict functional relationships of components, assemblies, systems and machines.
- Layout and draw equipment support structures.
- Review and analyze specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related data to assess factors affecting component designs and the procedures and instructions to be followed.
- Reverse engineer existing parts & equipment as needed.
- Layout, draw, and reproduce illustrations for reference manuals and technical publications to describe operation and maintenance of mechanical systems.
- Communicate directly with vendors regarding existing designs or discrepancies.
- Work with operations, sales, and engineering to set priorities.
Required Qualifications :
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelors Degree in Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years experience with machine design and large assemblies.
- Proficient with 3D CAD, 2D AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office.
- Reverse Engineering experience a plus
- Experience with structural design of weldments, sheet metal, assembly and general fabrication preferred.