The Mechanical Designer will be responsible for designing and developing new products, assemblies and parts associated with consumer products, welding fixtures, jigs, and gauges using 3D CAD software.
We are seeking candidates who are highly motivated with strong interpersonal skills who thrives in a team environment.
- Create conceptual models using 3D CAD software based on specifications dictated by Sales and Marketing, Product Managers, and/or customer requests.
- Work with manufacturing team to design jigs and fixtures.
- Create production drawings.
- Develop and manage Bills of Materials, and handle engineering change orders/notifications.
- Provide Engineering support to manufacturing to troubleshoot any design issues and ensure design for manufacturability/assembly.
- 2+ years of Product Development/Design experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of a 2 year technical degree; 4 year Engineering degree preferred.
- Proficiency in 3D CAD; preferably SolidWorks
- Ability to manage multiple projects at different stages at the same time.
- Must be comfortable with hands-on work.
- Tooling and fixture design strongly desired.
- Experience with reverse engineering is a huge plus.
- Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Office products
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment.