Location : Charlotte, NC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : TJ
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
Company & Position:
- Offering over 50 years of experience in innovation.
- Highly collaborative, teamwork oriented environment.
- Ability to make an immediate impact in this high visibility role.
- Strong leadership team that is investing in its talent.
- Strong base salary, benefits, and profit sharing program in place.
Mechanical Drafter Responsibilities:
- Develop detailed design drawings and specifications for equipment and parts
- Layout and draw schematic, orthographic, or other views to depict functional relationships of components, assemblies, systems and machines
- Layout and draw equipment support structures
- Coordinate with Engineering team to resolve design or other problems
- Review and analyze specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related data to assess factors affecting component designs and the procedures and instructions to be followed
- Work with a Senior Mechanical Engineer to modify and revise designs to correct operating deficiencies
- Reverse engineer existing parts & equipment as needed
- Layout, draw, and reproduce illustrations for reference manuals and technical publications to describe operation and maintenance of mechanical systems
- Communicate directly with vendors regarding existing designs or discrepancies.
- Work with operations, sales, and engineering to set priorities
Required Qualifications :
- Associate’s Degree or Technical Degree in mechanical drafting design technology
- Minimum of 1-3 years of related experience
- Proficient with 3D CAD, 2D AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office
- Familiar with PDM systems
- Reverse Engineering experience a plus
- Experience with structural design of weldments, sheet metal, assembly and general fabrication preferred