Privately held manufacturing company headquartered in the Charlotte, NC area has an immediate need for a Mechanical Engineer to help with new product development. Company is making an investment in new technology and driving continuous improvement throughout the organization.
- Responsible for serving as technical lead for motor product line(s) while supporting Customer Service and Operation teams.
- Primary focus includes motor design to meet customer needs, product quality, manufacturability, new product development, prototype builds, and testing.
- May serve as Project Manager for smaller development projects
- Work on work instructions, documentation, and prototypes
- Minimum 10 years of experience supporting mechanical design of electromechanical parts and assemblies
- Demonstrated expertise with SolidWorks solid modeling and detailing
- Proficiency with geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
- Good communication skills, team player, and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a technical field
- Experience in design of precision mechanisms
- Basic machining skills for operation of standard shop equipment