Location : Monroe, NC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : TGJ_ME
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3+
Required Education : 4 Year Engineering Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
THE COMPANY PROFILE:
- Global manufacturer of products for some of the worlds leading companies in the Automotive, Aerospace, Defense and Medical industries.
- Technology driven organization with a focus on innovation and customer satisfaction.
- Outstanding company culture with an emphasis on employee development.
THE SCOPE OF THE ROLE:
- Work as a member of the Mechanical Engineering team to design and develop new automated equipment used for production.
- Use 3D CAD software to develop systems and component level designs.
- Work with the Plant Manager to help specify new equipment needed and lead projects to integrate new equipment or upgrade existing equipment.
- Participate in Kaizen events to decrease time, improve quality, and reduce cost.
- Provide high level engineering support to shop floor personnel.
- Produce and maintain all necessary documentation for new machine builds and/or capital requests.
Required Qualifications :
THE CANDIDATE PROFILE:
- 4-year Engineering Degree required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ working in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have strong 3D CAD skills.
- Experience developing complex automated equipment strongly desired.
- Prior project management experience preferred (scope definition, resource allocation, budget, scheduling, etc.)
- Background in a LEAN Manufacturing Environment preferred.