Medical Billing Specialist
Location : Charlotte, NC
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Reference Code : mmw
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Customer Service and Call Center
Job Description :
TalentBridge is recruiting for a medical billing specialist:
- Preparation of journal entries, reconciliation and maintenance of general ledger accounts,
- Preparation of specified accounting records for month end closing,
- Review of project expense reports and analysis.
- Maintaining the billing folder for all projects, with the appropriate documents, including contract financial summary data, expenses, consultant invoices, and monthly invoices, in accordance with standard procedures.
- Recording and application of cash, management of outstanding invoices, and direct interfacing with customers on collection matters and dispute resolution.
- Make collection calls, conduct account research and analysis, and interact with customers to resolve outstanding issues.
- Monthly reporting of invoicing totals/aging totals/cash receipts/invoice adjustments/rebates.
Required Qualifications :
- Medical Billing experience, specifically with posting payments and following up with payers.
- must be able to read an EOB
- have billing experience/coding experience
- must be able to communicate effectively over the phone; will be speaking with insurance companies
ledger experience is a plus but not mandatory
- Knowledge of accounting practices and principles Working knowledge of accounting and planning software packages.
Those who recently completed a Medical Billing program and have completed an externship work well in this role.