Method Development Chemist
· Confidential Manufacturer are looking for a Method Development Chemist to join their organization, whose focus is on developing the highest level of consumer health products.
SCOPE OF THE ROLE:
· Hands on development/validation/optimization of scientifically sound analytical methods for product release and stability testing.
· Preparation/review/approval of technical documentation.
· Maintain relevant knowledge of up-to-date technological and scientific trends, and serves as an analytical science resource for the organization.
· Establish raw material and finished product specifications as needed.
· Establish/review/revise SOPs.
· Effectively communicate/collaborate with other departments such as QA/QC, Supply chain, R&D, Marketing, Manufacturing, etc.
· Solid background in experimental design, chemical theory and analytical instrumentation and data trend.
· Review and interpret laboratory data.
· Implement and maintain adherence to pharmaceutical and/or nutritional supplement GLP/GMP.
· Ability and willingness to be hands on and function in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
· Bachelor's degree in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related field.
· Master’s Degree or Ph.D. a plus but not required.
· 5+ years of technical experience is desired (outside of academia); or equivalent combination of advanced degree plus experience.
· Knowledge of development of GC, MS, HPLC and other analytical test instrumentation and methods.
· In-depth knowledge of strategies of analytical method development and specification setting.
· Good written and oral communication skills.