Office Support Specialist- Data Entry Clerk
We are currently recruiting for an awesome entry level opportunity to support a growing team in the Insurance industry. This is a great opportunity to learn the business from the ground up and be a part of a wonderful organization. Candidates should have strong technical skills, excellent attention to detail and a diligent and organized work ethic! This role will be supporting the underwriting team and support the renewal process, policy updates, agent support and more!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative and general clerical support to assure efficient operation of the team.
- Provide internal and external customer service by responding to customer requests in a timely manner.
- Prepares new business submissions and renewal policies for assignment and review by the Underwriting team.
- Process basic policy transactions including policy issuance, policy endorsements, cancellations, reinstatements and non-renewals.
- Maintain and update policyholder files and records.
- Manage incoming electronic mail/correspondence by indexing and routing to appropriate workflows.
- Prioritize and complete assigned tasks while meeting both productivity and quality standards.
- Perform a variety of duties as required to best serve the customer, team and management needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Data Entry or Clerical experience in an office setting
- Ability to excel in a fast paced environment
- Strong organizational skills
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Business math and writing skills required.
- Demonstrate ability to understand both Bureau/State guidelines and compliance regulations.
- Proficient in the use and knowledge of MS Office software including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Familiar with general office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers, printers, fax machines and telephone systems