Operational Excellence Partner
Summary: The Operational Excellent Partner drives lean thinking throughout the different plants in North America by project achievements, training, and communicating success to improve operational efficiency and business process. Responsible for applying continuous improvement and lean manufacturing methodologies across the company and acts as a lean champion, driving a lean culture throughout the organization.
Continuous Improvement projects include, but are not limited to, changeover reduction, cycle time improvement, capability studies, throughput optimization, cost reduction, variation reduction, and waste reduction. Highly accountable for delivering productivity results that have a positive impact on the bottom line.
Essential Job Functions
- Facilitates and drives change in a fast paced and “ever changing” environment leveraging his/her strong interpersonal, professional, and collaborative skills.
- Ability to work within the site at all levels utilizing a very “hands on” approach to creating value and buy-in as the lead change facilitator for the operation’s Continuous Improvement efforts.
- Provides leadership / mentoring / training to project teams on the use and practice of Lean methodologies and tools.
- Identifies and leads process improvement projects through the facilitation of Value Stream Mapping Current and Future State Maps to drive continuous improvement and cultural change
- Maximizes improvement and cost savings by proactively identifying areas for improvement, leading continuous improvement and supply chain initiatives and projects, utilizing lean tools and techniques, analyzing and reporting key metrics, communicating continuous improvement activities and training team members to accomplish the same
- Carries out advanced data collection and statistical analysis, and performing cost analysis to determine project feasibility; analyzes and implements recommendations
- Improvement projects include, but are not limited to, changeover reduction, batch cycle time improvement, waste reduction, and constraint improvement.
- Responsible for planning and assisting in the execution of various Continuous Improvement projects targeted towards improving the business’s performance on safety, quality, productivity, and cost.
- Establishes key working relationships with senior leaders at each site to develop and maintain continued focus on process simplification and optimization through operational excellence
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business or related experience
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a Lean manufacturing driving Kaizens and continuous improvement processes
- Lead train the trainer sessions for Value Stream Mapping, TPM, Setup Reduction, Continuous Flow, 5S, Error Proofing, End to End Pull, Standardized Work, Warehouse Slotting and Profiling, and Six Sigma Black Belt Training
- Demonstrated experience with large projects
- Understands the cost impact of projects, project tracking tools and metrics
- PMP Certification
- Master’s in Business Administration, or similar advanced degree
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt or Master Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- Value Stream Mapping in Lean office
- Experience with a global manufacturing environment preferred