Location : Monroe, NC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : ML
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Manufacturing
Job Description :
Our client is a fast-growing, Multi-Billion Dollar Manufacturing Leader in their industry. They are centralizing their HQ operations to South Charlotte area and this position will be taking over as a employee retires in the next few months. The Operations Manager is responsible for safety, quality, production goals, and positive change by using Six Sigma tools. It reports directly to the site plant manager.
Summary of the Operational Excellence Manager:
- Manages the development of production schedules; monitors execution; evaluates production performance and implements performance improvement initiatives; establishes priorities and sequences.
- Ensures achievement of production goals.
- Manages the in-production product inspections and audits.
- Reviews production and operating reports.
- Resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to minimize cost and operational delays.
- Improve efficiency and capacity through capital expenditure improvements in process and procedure, and as well as formal and informal continuous improvement activities
- Manages safe work practices.
Required Qualifications :
- 7+ years’ experience within a manufacturing/engineering/supply chain environment
- 4+ years of plant management or supervisor experience leading a site with a minimum of 50 employees
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- Familiarity with Lean, Six Sigma and other problem solving / process improvement tools
- Strong computer skills in Excel, PowerPoint. Skills/Knowledge/Abilities:
- Ability to lead and motivate teams.
- Ability to drive positive change in both process and systems and culture
- Demonstration of practical Lean/Six Sigma application and implementation; Green Belt certification preferred