Committed to excellence in both hotel development and management, our client leads the lodging industry with a robust portfolio (and pipeline) of upscale select-service hotels. Further defined by entrepreneurial leadership, a skilled team of professionals, and the relentless pursuit of improvement, our client excels in responsible growth and award-winning service.
Our client’s mission is to create long-lasting value for each property they build, each community they touch, and each individual they recruit. The investment they make in each employee is reflected in their strong belief in promotion from within. Continuing education & career development opportunities are prevalent; their company culture is one of integrity, respect, and hard work.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for assisting the General Manager and leading the staff as coach and trainer in the proper execution of Front Desk, Housekeeping, Laundry, Maintenance, and Food Service standards. This includes the assessment of staff and property by “walking” the site and managing the employees on a continual basis through the day.
- Will be held accountable for hiring associates, managing performance, communicating feedback, administering discipline and training the employees as they perform their jobs.
- The Operations Supervisor is responsible for the total site in the absence of the general manager. Successful coaching and training will ensure the site operates to high standards and achieves great results. Further, each employee will know their job and how to successfully perform.
- A four-year college degree, or equivalent experience. Prefer hospitality, business or communications major
- Prefer three years’ experience in a management capacity within a service organization
- License/Certification: A valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record is required.
- Ability to communicate in a professional business setting both verbally and in writing
- Ability to operate a personal computer within a Windows based platform
- Interpersonal communication abilities (people skills)
- Prefer experience in supervision of 5 or more employees
- Experience in cash and credit card handling