Payroll Tax Analyst
Location : Charlotte
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : JXK
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 0-7
Required Education : Bachelor's
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Accounting - Finance
Job Description :
- Prepare federal or state/local tax returns on a weekly, monthly, or quarterly basis depending on nature of tax.
- This includes filing quarterly 941s (Federal,) or state unemployment returns and/or state income tax reconciliation returns.
- Balances amount of tax deposited to total liability and determines if additional amount is due or to be refunded.
- Prepares year-end reconciliations for federal or state/local tax authorities, which includes determining amount deposited during the year agrees to amount reported on W-2s. Discrepancies are researched and resolved.
- Researches and responds to inquiries from the field and tax authorities. This includes researching issues that may ultimately lead to amended returns, additional deposits, and/or penalties being assessed Reconciles, researches, and resolves discrepancies in all tax liability accounts associated with assigned states.
- Complete journal entries as appropriate/necessary to balance employment tax accounts
Required Qualifications :
- Multistate payroll tax experience (Experience with PA Local Tax would be very beneficial)
- Minimum 2 year experience on MasterTax, OR 1 year with year-end closing experience
- Pre-tax deductions experience.