Physical Substation Design Engineer III
Location : Fort Mill, SC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : NAS_P&C
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3+
Required Education : AS or BS
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- National engineering, technical services, and consulting company uniquely positioned to meet the demands of the power engineering and energy delivery sectors of the utility industry.
- 1200+ employees in 34 offices across 28 states
- Provide technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis, and resolution of problems.
- Effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling, and monitoring of work activities
- Thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations, drawings, and sketches
- This electrical engineering position is in the Substation Physical Engineering group within the Transmission & Substation division.
- This position will work closely with Utility, Senior Designers, and other departments in the development of High-voltage Substation Engineering Design packages for both utility and renewable clients. See desired qualifications below
Required Qualifications :
- Proficient in principles of project management
Experience in the utility industry.
* NCEES and ability to become licensed in multiple states preferred.
- Experience in the electric utility industry
- 3 - 5 years of electrical utility substation design experience (as an employee, contractor, or consultant) with a working knowledge of the physical design of substations 23 kV and higher.
- Ability to design the physical layout of the substation equipment (circuit breakers, transformers, disconnect switches, bus, etc.)
- Ability to design the cable trench and conduit for the routing of cables to the substation equipment.
- Ability to complete the bill of material required for construction of the substation.
- Ability to ensure that a complete design package (drawings, bill of materials, conduit lists, construction specifications, etc.) are delivered to the customer within budget and on time.
- Working knowledge of NESC and IEEE