TalentBridge has partnered with one of Charlotte's premier manufacturing and distribution organizations in their search for the next plant manager.
The Plant Manager will be responsible for driving continuous improvement and optimization of all processes. Oversee the daily operations of the plant from manufacturing through shipping, ensuring all processes and policies are followed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership to all departments and individuals in the plant in order to meet customer requirements for quality, cost, and delivery.
- Work with functional leaders to guide and support the plant.
- Establish and maintain the plant vision for success
- Manage continuous improvement program for processes in manufacturing and shipping. Utilize Lean tools to result in scrap reduction, increased production rates, and downtime reduction.
- Develop budgets or approve expenditures for supplies, materials, or human resources, ensuring that materials, labor, or equipment are used efficiently to meet production targets.
- Initiate or coordinate inventory or cost control programs.
- Coordinate or recommend procedures for facility or equipment maintenance or modification, including the replacement of machines.
- Abide by, enforce and participate in the implementation and ongoing oversight of all company safety standards and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree, Mechanical/Industrial Engineering required,
- 4+ years of Plant Management or equivalent experience, and 10+ years of Manufacturing experience
- Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma certification
- Prior experience with budgets and financial systems required
- Possess excellent leadership qualities and the demonstrated ability to build/maintain an effective team
- Demonstrated experiences supporting and implementing Lean Manufacturing on the shop floor
- Demonstrated commitment to cost reduction, product quality, productivity and customer service excellence