Global Chemical Company is growing their R&D team and looking to add an Entry Level Polymer Engineer.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Synthesize polymers and effectively interpret analytical results.
· Assist in design of polymers, resins, and process development of chemical reactions.
· Assist the R&D and product development teams.
· Stay up to date on relevant technology.
· Ability to work effectively with technical team to meet project timeline and quality expectations.
· Contribute to the development of new synthetic methods, providing support of product development and client requests.
· Identify areas of improvement to existing methods and lead implementation.
· A bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering, chemistry. A focus on inorganic/organic chemistry preferred.
· Experience in a synthetic research lab preferred. Experience with polymerization reactions preferred
· Hands-on experience in organic synthesis equipment and technique and familiarity with analytical instrumentation used for polymers, e.g., GC, HPLC, GPC, DSC, FTIR, SEM/EDX and GCMS. Preferred would be experiences where lab work delivered a result or a key learning
· Strong time management/multi-tasking skills with ability to meet program deadlines and client needs.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Working knowledge of MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word. Minitab or other statistical software preferred.
- Ability to satisfy all the physical requirements and working conditions for this position with or without reasonable accommodations for this position.
· Ability to stand/walk on hard surfaces (concrete, steel, wood) for significant amounts of time.
· Ability to reach with hands and arms elevated above shoulder level or elbows held away from body.
· Ability to flex, extend, rotate all arms, wrists, neck.
· Ability to bend, squat, and kneel.
· Lift and/or move up to 40 lbs & push/pull 100 pounds.
· Willing and able to wear and use the prescribed personal protective equipment.