Process Engineer - Manufacturing
World-Class manufacturer of products for commercial and residential markets in North American has an immediate need for a process improvement engineer to join their organization. Opportunity to work cross-functional with multiple different areas of the company.
Process Engineer Job Summary:
With leading edge manufacturing technologies and processes this position supports, develops, evaluate and improve plant manufacturing methods and work flow.
- Lead and conduct problem solving efforts and propose resolutions utilizing Lean and Six Sigma tools.
- Process Improvement: Initiate and support new equipment and process upgrades to minimize scrap, increase productivity and improve quality. Assure improvements are sustained.
- Develops, designs, and communicates manufacturing processes.
- Monitor and revises processes to help generate cost savings and improve the quality and efficiency of product/process.
- Identify and procure new equipment/components to support process improvements.
- Provides coordination of new process installation and process changes.
- Establish project goals, budgets, and timelines the support the CAPEX goals for the plant manager & VP of Operations.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related degree from accredited four-year college or technical school.
- Minimum three years’ experience in equipment and process development, implementation and support process improvements in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with plastic injection molding
- Knowledge of manufacturing systems and processes.
- AutoCAD experience
- Six Sigma Lean knowledge
- Plant layout/integration experience
- Root cause analysis experience