TalentBridge has partnered with one of Charlotte's premier global manufacturing organizations, as they have a need for a Process Engineer. Seeking an experienced hands-on manufacturing candidate who is interested in identifying how products can be produced, working on process improvements, look at new technology & machinery and work on lean manufacturing projects for the site.
● Provide technical support for manufacturing facilities.
● Works with cross-functional teams on new product launch and drive production standards.
● Hands-on prototyping development to fit customers’ demands.
● Utilize production optimization tools (swim lane charts, work balance boards, time study methods, etc.) in order to remove waste from the processes and deliver desired output quality and rate.
● Support internal / external customers by providing analyzing thermo-mechanical processing data
● Provides support for manufacturing launch of new or revised products.
● Create and manage work instructions
● Work closely with design engineers to transition newly developed parts into production with a focus on design for manufacturability.
● Assists in improving a system of production control, SOP, safety, quality control and training.
● Supports to improve output rates of processes.
● Helps to performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement and improved efficiency.
● Hands-on engineering specialist
● Experience designing, setting up, and implementing manufacturing process in a metals environment
● 4+ years of experience working in a manufacturing environment.
● Bachelors degree in materials science or metallurgy. Masters a plus
● Hands-on experience working with machining processes including programming, tooling design and cutting tool selection a plus.
● Six Sigma or related certification preferred
● Exposure to capacity modeling, process mapping, and fault analysis.
● Ability to engage with and influence people at any level of the company to achieve results.
● Experience in forging, stamping, casting, and /or heat treat