Product Development Chemist
A worldwide leader in coatings technology seeking a Chemist with a focus in Product Development and Formulations.
The Product Development Chemist will use analytical methods to formulate coatings, inks, and adhesives for applications/products in textiles, packaging, construction, electronics and other product lines. This role also requires a strong understanding of heat transfer, plastics, resins, etc.
Specifications of Role:
- Play a key role in product optimization and new product development keeping the organization competitive in the market.
- Coating, ink and adhesive formulation.
- Have customer facing responsibility including but not limited to sample prep and production scale-up, technical services, and client trials.
- Maintain good documentation, application guidelines and records of testing.
- Provide support to production, marketing & Sales, and quality control as needed.
- Provide feedback to tech support, clients & leadership team through development process.
- Evaluate current market trends, make improvements to product performance, and implement cost reduction strategies where possible.
- Bachelors Degree in Chemistry or related discipline
- 3-5 years of experience in: formulating coatings, inks, and adhesives; colorants, color matching, and color spectrophotometer; development or application lab setting
- Strong communication, interpersonal, problem solving, project management skills, and team-oriented approach in a production environment
- Ability to work independently, supervise technicians and travel on an as-needed basis
- Some travel required as needed.