Product Development Engineer
Location : Hickory, NC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : TGJ_PD
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3+
Required Education : Bachelors Degree in Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
As a Product Development Engineer, you will be responsible for the design and development of components, products, and systems to be used in high-tech applications throughout the world. You will have the ability to develop, plan, and execute all technical aspects of projects based on customer requirements.
- Design and develop new products and improve and enhance existing product lines.
- Plan and coordinate projects for each new product assigned including scheduling of resources and status reports.
- Prepare all specifications, documents, and forms necessary for the design, development, manufacturing, and launch of new products.
- Perform research on competitor products and emerging technologies.
- Provide technical assistance as required by marketing, sales,and manufacturing.
- Maintain all technical documentation for drawings, BOMs, testing, etc.
- Develop and maintain strategic supplier relationships.
- Propose new product ideas to add to current product line.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering required.
- 3+ years of Product Development Experience.
- Experience developing products and running projects from concept thru production.
- Experience in high-tech and/or consumer products highly desirable.
- Must be proficient in 3D CAD.
- Experience with GD&T and Metrology strongly desired.
- Very team oriented organization, so excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required.