Product Development Manager
Location : Charlotte, NC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : TGJ_PDM
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 8+
Required Education : Bachelors Degree in Engineering
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Award winning Global manufacturer of industrial equipment with over 100 years of history delivering world class products.
- State of the art facility with a culture of innovation and collaboration.
- Multiple business lines that support a wide variety of industries across the world.
THE SCOPE OF THE ROLE:
- Provide direct leadership to teams of Project Engineers, Mechanical and Electrical Engineers, and Designers.
- Oversee project teams in new product development projects from concept thru completion.
- Work with company stakeholders to determine project feasibility, budget, resources, and timelines.
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups including sales, marketing, manufacturing, purchasing, etc.
- Drive product innovation by conducting market research and competitive analysis.
- Act as key technical resource to marketing, sales, and service teams.
- Provide training, coaching and mentoring to subordinates.
- Conduct yearly performance reviews.
Required Qualifications :
THE BACKGROUND PROFILE:
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering.
- Minimum of 8 years developing industrial products/systems.
- Experience in the automotive on heavy equipment industry desired.
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory or leadership experience required.
- Must have strong working knowledge of 3D Modeling.
- Must be able to exhibit strong project management skills and have a history of leading projects.
- Experience with electrical components and systems is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.