Location : Gastonia, NC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : TGJ_PE
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3+
Required Education : 4 Year Engineering Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
The Product Engineer is responsible for design, analysis and testing of new products as well as supporting manufacturing and the technical aspects of product launches.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops concept designs for new products and product enhancements. Reviews designs and directs design activities with engineering management supervision.
- Performs and reports on intermediate analytical and simulation methods. Uses analytical results to generate conclusions and provide design direction.
- Performs and reports on intermediate testing functions. Uses testing results to generate conclusions and provide design direction.
- Leads product development teams under the direction of senior management.
- Manages project timelines and ensures that all aspects of APQP product development process are followed.
- Acts as change administrator for OEM customers.
- Corresponds with vendors on project tasks. Assists in managing technical aspects of vendor product quality issues.
- Performs OEM product development project tasks. Communicates with OEM technical contacts.
- Performs design and testing tasks on new technology assessment/development projects as directed.
- Create and modify CAD models
Match a Job
Required Qualifications :
- 4 year Engineering Degree, preferably Mechanical Engineering
- 3+ years professional experience
- Ability to exhibit strong knowledge and apply engineering principles
- Project Management experience is a plus
- Proficiency in 3D Modeling (SolidWorks and/or ProE)
- Strong knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Experience working in a fast paced environment such as automotive is a plus.
Match a Job