Location : Gastonia, NC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : ML
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5+
Required Education : 4 year degree required
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Manufacturing
Job Description :
Oversee the Production Control department, coordinating activities involved with procuring raw goods and parts. Comply with all company safety, quality and environmental standards.
- Work with production management, materials management, and customers service to establish production schedules.
- Maintain procurement records, such as items purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
- Process daily productions schedules for various departments.
- Assess supplier delivery points to suppliers.
- Work with suppliers to continually improve delivery performance.
- Supply forecast to suppliers on a weekly basis.
- Conduct the monthly inventory audit and assist with organizing the semi-annual audit.
- Develop and maintain the monthly department expense budget, while applying measures to continually decrease expenses.
- Ensure departmental continuous improvement activities.
- Effectively communicate with management, direct supervisor, associates and suppliers
- Additional projects assigned by management
Required Qualifications :
- BS/BA or equivalent degree required
- Preferably in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Systems Engineering, Operations Research, Manufacturing Leaderships or Organizational Management, Supply Chain Management, certification preferred.
- 5+ years of production leadership experience
- Fabrication and Sheet Metal experience is required
- Experience in manufacturing systems implementation and MRP scheduling/planning techniques, with strong knowledge of demand planning, load profile maintenance and forecast methods.
- Understanding of Lean Principles helpful.
- Must have a strong ability to multi-task, deal with frequent interruptions and interact with others.
- Must have good organization, computer and time-management skills.
- Well-developed problem solving and analytical skills including SPC, MPS, MRP, VAM, FMEA and distribution requirements.