Summary: An industry leading global manufacturing organization with years of history has an immediate need for a Production Manager. This leader will be responsible for daily production activities, which includes planning, scheduling and organizing work in an efficient manner to ensure production meets goals for quality, productivity, safety, and efficient manufacturing operations.
Day to Day Duties:
- Responsible for the safe and efficient day to day operations of the plant with an eye towards maximizing the efficiency of production activities while ensuring product quality.
- Ensure that weekly production schedules are met by deploying appropriate resources while managing standard cost.
- Aggressively measure and improve upon all departmental related KPI categories.
- Lead and facilitate continuous improvement activities through utilization of lean manufacturing. product quality, factory throughput, and delivery performance.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement and accountability in all aspects of plant operations, resulting in the safe production of quality products and services.
- Establish training programs for employees, set performance expectations, monitor performance and provide couching and feedback to the employees
- Work with internal departments to drive Safety, Quality and Service levels for both internal and external customers.
- Ensures that all company policies are implemented and followed.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated accomplishments in process improvements
- Skilled in identifying and solving problems and ability of making independent decision to solve problems
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a strong background in continuous improvement (Lean, Cellular Manufacturing, Kaizen, etc.)
- Experience with ERP systems
Minimum Required Experience or Education:
- Bachelor’s degree; preferably in Engineering or Manufacturing
- Minimum 5 years of manufacturing experience
- Minimum 3 years of leading production with multiple shifts