Summary: The Production Supervisor oversees 3rd Shift line operation and ensure smooth production operation during the shift in accordance with established practices, processes, guidelines and standards in a safe and efficient manner.
This position impacts overall productivity and product quality for 3rd Shift.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the daily management of production process.
- Drive improvements and enhancements for the plant
- Ensure correct first time through ensuring products are produced according to batch instructions and operating procedures
- Coordinate production startups, shutdowns, and changeovers.
- Meet production shift goals. Establish or adjust work schedules or procedures to meet production schedules.
- Resolve product, process and equipment issues.
- Inspect products and ensure that products meet specifications and quality standards. Make adjustments as necessary during shift to produce product within specifications. Reject product outside of specifications.
- Recommend changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of department, or work team.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Perform job related administrative tasks such as the completion of daily shift/production records, and the maintenance of time/attendance and production records.
- Monitor employees work performance and provide direction and guidance to employees in a specified department or area.
- Accurately maintain and record production information, communicate with management and relevant personnel on the condition of the operation/production and any unusual circumstances or issues.
- 5+ years of manufacturing experience with a minimum of 2 years of production supervision
- Pharmaceutical or food manufacturing experience
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, 5 S and Kaizen events
- Knowledgeable in cGMP