SUMMARY: We are working with a global manufacturing organization that markets and distributes industrial grade products. The company is in the midst of an exciting new chapter and looking to bring on a Project Engineer to manage aspects of new product development from concept to delivery.
THE SCOPE OF THE ROLE:
- Lead technical project teams in New Product Development projects from concept thru completion.
- Develop concept models in 3D CAD.
- Update bill of materials (BOM) and drawings
- Participate in meetings to determine project feasibility, budget, resources and timelines.
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups including sales, marketing, manufacturing, purchasing, etc.
- Perform calculations and FEA studies to optimize designs.
- Travel to different manufacturing locations or vendors
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering.
- 4+ years post graduate experience in a Project Engineering/Product Development role.
- Must be proficient in 3D CAD such as SolidWorks, Inventor, or Creo
- Experience with Sheet Metal design is strongly desired.
- Must have strong project management skills and a demonstrated history of leading projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Analytical skills for reviewing costs and budget reports