Project Manager - Director
Manage multiple construction projects from Project inception to Completion throughout all investment phases as outlines by the contract. In the performance of this function, the Projects Director is responsible for the Technical side of our Client relationships, Operational communication and Vendor Management. This position will have ownership of Project budgets, Project Timelines, Scopes of work and all schedule from Contract to Execution of each project.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct all projects; ranging from limited budget renovations to rezoned horizontal and vertical developments
- Oversee and manage all assigned and contracted Project managers, Design and Engineering teams, General Contractors and vendors in their region.
- Vested corporate responsibilities relating to overall sector financial performance including business development, sales success, annual budgeting, marketing and client satisfaction.
- Travel to project sites will required on a regular basis as dictated by project phasing
- Competency to produce annual business budgets and cash flow projections pertaining to project in their region
- Produce detailed estimate of entire scope of assigned trades, building system, and/or overall project cost from concept to construction documentation phase.
- Produce high level project timelines for each project and drive the timely start and completion of each project phase.
- Implement and drive continues compliance of business systems relating to overall productivity and work flow
- Annual performance reviews with all Consultants, Vendors, and Contractors used during Financial year
- Facilitate project exploration and programming while projects are in discovery phase
- Communicate with subcontractor s, design team (architects, engineers, consultants) and client.
- Developing execution strategies, performing financial / competitive analyses, assessing market conditions related to pricing and contract negotiations
- Facilitate and Manage all technical meeting with clients’ facilities teams
- Anticipate potential Technical challenges in project execution and successfully navigating these challenges to ensure minimum impact to the project, the client and the relationship.
- Analyzing existing site conditions and all contract documents (plans, specifications, etc.) to determine any required scope that is not indicated
- Preparing scope requisitions for assigned trades; coordinating with fellow estimators to eliminate scope gaps and overlaps
- Obtaining and evaluating subcontractor proposals relative to their scope of work. Determining if scope is covered and managing risk of scope gaps
- Making recommendations to Chief Operations Officer/Estimating Engineer or best course of action
- Receive, verify and approve invoices against original scope of the project
- Manage close out process of all projects (final costs)
- Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills with at least 10 years of direct management experience in a similar Project Management function.
- Project management/coordination, prioritization and organizational experience leveraging technological solutions.
- Direct experience leading large heavy industrial projects with a proven successful track record.
- True resourceful skills in identifying, sourcing and coordinating equipment and teams as needed to ensure timely project completion.
- Ability to travel (30%); domestic & international
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing, Civil or related technical degree.
- 8+ years of relevant large scale capital projects in a heavy industrial environment
- Large Construction background
- International experience a plus