• Creates and manages project's budget, collaborates during the preconstruction process and is responsible for onsite construction activity.
• Knows and understands the requirements of owner's contract, including bonds, fees, notifications, schedules, reporting, and costs.
• Collaborates with Preconstruction to prepare, review, and monitor information and reports related to all costs involved in developing the project's budget.
• Takes ownership of process of determining the quantity of budget estimates/deliverables to client.
• Manages the subcontracting process, which includes holding initial scope review meetings, finalizing agreed price, developing subcontract scope of work, and managing the subcontract distribution and final execution process.
• Collaborates with scheduling, superintendent, subcontractors, and suppliers to create a construction schedule.
• Develops an organizational and responsibilities matrix at the start of each project and determines the resources needed for the project (e.g., people, tools, equipment, materials, internal and external services).
• Reviews the contract documents with all project participants (e.g., customers, employees, subcontractors, suppliers, government regulators, utilities) to ensure work is completed on time and within budget.
• Coordinates and delivers all requirements for subcontractors and suppliers to meet project schedules.
• Responsible for project administration and daily operations. Prepares and maintains the project schedule, milestone dates, and close-out checklist. Reviews with project staff each quarter and assigns responsibilities, execution, and follow-up plans.
• Establishes relationships and communication tools as needed with suppliers and other key people to verify all materials, supplies, tools, equipment, and personnel are obtained and/or delivered when necessary. Ensures that all understand performance standards and expectations.
• Ensures that project site and company assets are secure and maintains a safe and respectful working environment at all times by implementing programs for safety and loss prevention,
• Builds effective relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer's expectations.
• B.S. in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field preferred and 2+ years of experience. Depending upon the project size, scope, and complexity the years of experience may vary. Previous experience in the financial, energy and healthcare sectors is preferred.
• Demonstrates leadership skills with ability and willingness to face challenges, solve problems, and motivate others, while maintaining effective relationships with customers by meeting or exceeding their requirements and expectations.
• Supervises and develops direct reports while prioritizing and delegating significant responsibilities to others. Manages essential functions effectively by consistently driving for quality, profitable, safe, and timely results on the assigned project.
• Demonstrates solid presentation skills and verbal/written skills. Demonstrates proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook