Property Maintenance Director
As a Maintenance Director, you'll effectively lead a maintenance team and actively participate in the maintenance of the physical condition of a large portfolio of property communities while promoting resident satisfaction.
• Leadership: You'll facilitate a high performing team through frequent communication and coaching of diverse skillsets to ensure property success.
• Quality Control: You'll provide feedback to the team on their work, and aren't afraid to roll up your sleeves to help with work orders and projects.
• Expense Management: You'll review and analyze the property budget to ensure expenses are maintained within guidelines.
• Vendor Management: Leverage long-term relationships with vendors, suppliers, and insurance providers to save money and positively effect the bottom line.
• Lead maintenance team members
• Conduct quarterly connections with team members.
• Make ready vacant apartments
• Supervise and monitor the performance of maintenance team.
• Schedule and coordinate the make ready of vacant units according to Standards.
• Utilize computer reports, checklists and electronic make-ready boards for up-to-date status of condition of units.
• Ensure all vacant unit condition reports/make ready board are accurate for the leasing team.
• Actively participate in painting and repairs when needed.
• Coordinate and ensure quality of work performance of vendors and contractors.
• Monitor overall quality of a make ready unit via inspection prior to being made ready in Onesite.
• Completes service requests
• Assign and coordinate service requests to policy to ensure 24-hr response.
• Actively participate in performing service requests and troubleshooting.
• Coordinate, solicit bids, and monitor quality of work performed by vendors and contractors.
• Participate in the call back of service requests to monitor resident satisfaction.
• Track all service requests through Onesite.
Performs exterior and common area maintenance
• Make regular inspections of the buildings, landscaping, parking lots, sidewalks, lights, signage, playgrounds, pools, etc. to ensure standards, and notify Community Director of any problem areas.
• Oversee and troubleshoot maintenance of pools, spas and amenities. Ensure pool chemical testing is performed daily.
• Monitor trash disposal by outside vendors.
• Leads and participates in the Risk Management Program
• Implement and maintain the Risk Management Program.
• Respond to community emergencies such as, major crimes, fire, weather damage, and serious accidents.
• Using an Incident Report, document damage and/or accidents involving residents and team members according to standards.
• Notify Community Director of accidents, emergencies or disasters.
• Ensure the Safety Policies are in effect.
• Plan, facilitate, monitor, track and participate in regular safety meetings.
• Ensure key control policies are in effect.
• Conduct property inspections to prevent workplace accidents and promote resident safety.
• Maintain alarms and fire/life safety equipment.
• Document and maintain records of location for all power, water, and gas cutoffs, clean-outs, traps and fire extinguishers.
Participate in resident satisfaction programs