- Work in the Agile environment and adhere to all QA best practices
- Perform functional, automation, database and API testing for a wide range of enterprise applications.
- Attend, contribute in sprint planning sessions and design test approaches to test user stories within the same sprint and look for the opportunities to automate tests by identifying the areas so as to minimize retesting
- Initiate and support performance and security testing
- Perform Functional, Integration, Regression, Re- testing and contribute to automation
- Analyze product requirements and ensure the testing strategy is aligning a risk-based test approach mitigating risk exposure within all phases of testing; utilizing automated testing tools to continuously build automated regression test suite
- Write test cases and scenarios from the requirements/designs; manage bug tracking; Test Analysis and Reporting
- Active co-operation/collaboration with the teams at various geographic locations
- Collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Provide prompt response and support in resolving critical issues (along with the development team)
- Investigate new Testing Methodologies, keep abreast with latest advances/techniques and ramp up the team accordingly
- May require after hours/weekend work for production implementations
5+ years of strong experience in QA or application development
Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, QA methodologies, defect management system, and documentation
Strong command of essential technologies: SQL scripting, PL/SQL, API
Should be able to create functional automation scripts using Selenium / Java.
Should be able to create SQL queries that can parse and validate business rules/calculations across tables to ensure the maximum possible data coverage
Strong experience in MS Excel Add-in, Web, and cross-browser testing
Knowledge of Mobile testing, Web service testing etc.
Excellent Analytical and communication skills are essential, with strong verbal and writing proficiencies
Ability to lead test efforts, mentor, and motivate staff.