Our client is one of Charlotte's rapidly growing automotive component manufacturers and they are looking for a dynamic individual to join their Quality team.
The Quality Engineer is responsible for ensuring quality parts meet required specifications, developing control plans and providing supervision of product quality auditors.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Participate on 8D Problem Solving programs
- Attend meetings of new or changed products, review and develop the appropriate control plans using the process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA) and AIAG checklist to ensure accuracy
- Train operators in basic Statistical Process Control
- Conducts process audits, including corrective action verifications
- Assist in special projects, sample, customer complaints, and manufacturing problems which are quality related
- Travels as required to support customer issues and/or to acquire process/product knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in related Sciences and experience in Quality field
- Knowledgeable in TS 16949/ ISO 9901 quality guidelines
- 5 - 7 years of related experience in manufacturing environment
- Basic Knowledge in Statistical Process Control and Design of Experiments
- Must be able to read and interpret blue prints as well as familiar with geometric characteristics and symbols
- Experience with Statistical Process Control and able to apply statistical techniques to Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility Studies, Process Capability Studies, DOE and control charts