We are working with a global manufacturing organization that markets and distributes sophisticated industrial grade products. The company is in the midst of an exciting new chapter and looking to bring on a quality engineer to support & improve manufacturing.
- Ensures that the divisions’ and customers’ quality requirements are met on assigned products, programs, areas, and functions.
- Participates in the review of all design, manufacturing, test, and supplier documentation to ensure that all requirements are fulfilled including a review of design drawings and changes, operation sheets, process procedures, test procedures, procurement documents, quality manuals, and inspection analyses.
- Supports the operations group to which he/she is assigned including, providing visual aids and inspection analyses to assist the inspection process, and includes a key role serving as “referee” in making “accept” or “reject” decisions.
- Drive the development and implementation of systems and processes that promote the prevention of internal and external failures
- Assure compliance to 3rd party regulatory standards
- Ensure internal and external customer requirements are met.
- Ensure manufacturing processes are capable of meeting Quality requirements
- Define process steps to maintain the company and plant quality systems.
- Highly motivated and adaptable to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy within a diverse organization.
- Four (4) + years of experience in quality engineering / manufacturing engineering / design engineering in a manufacturing / assembly environment
- 2+ years’ experience in high-volume metal assembly required
- Demonstrated ability to interface with all levels of leadership, suppliers, and external customers, responding in a professional manner
- Strong process improvement mindset with demonstrated experience with process improvement tools
- Demonstrated experience in using Six Sigma tools to deliver continuous improvement in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated logical and accurate decision-making ability even with limited information
- ASQ Certification preferred
- SPC, and APQP experience preferred