TalentBridge has partnered with an industrial manufacturing organization with a plant in the Lincolnton, NC area on search for their next Quality Engineer. The quality engineer is a hands-on engineering role that will work with cross-functional teams and be responsible for implementing and monitoring the Quality System for the site.
- Participate in Advanced Product Quality Planning activities such as PFMEA, Pre-Production Control Plans, Flow Diagrams and In-Process Inspection Sheets.
- Interact with the Customer on overall quality strategy, GD&T reviews, checking fixture design reviews, documentation reviews, pre-buyoff/ buyoff activities and PPAP activities.
- Achieve completed, comprehensive checking fixtures from start to finish through concept phase, RFQs, design reviews, construction reviews, buyoffs and passing gage R&Rs.
- Monitor, communicate and improve key supply chain KPI’s
- Establish specific short / long term supplier quality goals
- Champion problem solving and root cause analysis activities with suppliers and customers to eliminate recurrence of non‐conformance
- Work to resolve supplier technical issues in a timely manner to ensure continuity of supply
- Drive “Zero Defect” mentality within the supply base
- Bachelor degree in engineering.
- Minimum 3 years quality engineering experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Trained in lean / six sigma tools
- Working knowledge of GD & T, gage design and check fixture follow-up activities.
- Working knowledge of SPC.
- Knowledge of Statistical Problem Solving Techniques.
- Interact successfully with Customer engineering and SQE representatives.