Quality Engineering Manager
TalentBridge has partnered with one of the Carolina's premier automotive component companies in search for their next Quality Engineering Manager. This individual in role will work be part of the plants leadership team and will ensure the development of the quality system and team.
- Manage the plants quality system, the quality team, and the plant representative for IATF16949.
- Ensure the development, launch and maintenance of the Quality Systems in order to meet or surpass quality levels of the IATF16949 standard and assisting Supplier Development functions.
- Utilize the IATF16949 standard and customer specific requirements to develop the company Quality System Processes.
- Assist manufacturing departments in developing their control plans and work instructions in accordance to their PFMEAs, Process Flows, Continental Structural Plastics quality system's procedures and customer requirements.
- Maintain and distribute all engineering specifications and standards as received from the customer and/or other sources in order to meet APQP requirements.
- Participate in cross-functional APQP meetings to review open issues and activities which need to be resolved or acted upon.
- Participate and verify the training effectiveness of departmental team members during start-up phases.
- Responsible for coordinating and chairing internal audit meetings.
- Conduct supplier quality system surveys according to ISO/IATF16949 requirements.
- Review and approve supplier PPAP's and trial runs. Initiate corrective action if PPAP's are not approved.
- Ten plus years of quality in a high-volume setting and a minimum of 4 year managing a team of engineers.
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering or related field.
- Knowledge of PPAP submission process systems is required.
- Blue print reading and GD & T is required.
- Must have working knowledge of ISO/IATF16949
- Must be a hands-on quality leader "player coach" needed.