TalentBridge has partnered with a billion-dollar North American manufacture with a site in the Charlotte, NC area on their search for the next Quality Manager (QM). The QM will work with cross-functional teams from a cross the organization to ensure the quality management systems conforms to customer, internal ISO, and regulatory requirements.
- Leads a team of quality engineers, inspectors, auditors, and technicians
- Assures quality audit schedule is maintained and that management reviews of the quality system are conducted; Reports to top management on the performance of the QMS (e.g., results of quality audits, corrective actions) including the need for improvement
- Responsible for accuracy and timely inspection/calibration of monitoring and measuring devices
- Provides support to operations to improve quality metrics throughout the plant, to understand customer need and requirements and to develop effective quality control processes.
- Drives quality initiatives to reduce waste, customer complaints and credits issued
- Support the negotiation of customer and supplier specifications, communicating specifications and changes internally
- Drives and supports continuous improvement activities - Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Cash, Employee to achieve plant metrics
- Develops and provides effective training, coaching and counseling to quality team members
- Ensures awareness of customer requirements throughout the organization.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Chemistry or other technical discipline
- Experience and training in Six Sigma Lean Tools
- Excellent leadership skills, well grounded in coaching and mentoring individual development.