World-Class manufacturer of industrial grade product for has an immediate need for a Quality Manager to join their organization. Opportunity to work cross-functional with multiple different areas of the plant. Leading edge manufacturing technologies and processes this position supports, develops, evaluate and improve plant manufacturing quality, methods and systems.
Quality Manager Summary:
- Provide leadership and management for the quality function and sustain the quality philosophy and lean culture for the division.
- Enhance and improve the division s products and services through the implementation of ISO problem-solving tools, prevention methods, quality-at-the-source and continual improvement techniques.
- Plans, participates and analyzes in internal audits.
- Assures that an appropriate site quality management system is developed and maintained consistent with business and regulatory needs.
- Coordinates correct reporting, visualization, accurate and timely communication of the quality policy, quality principles, and quality performance.
- Leads Others: Formally and informally leads others in making good safety decisions, improvements on quality and generally improving processes
- Leads Proactive Projects: Initiates and leads projects that span the entire plant.
- Tracks progress and communicates improvements to large audience.
- Training: Able to train people at all levels of the organization on quality tools and/or quality initiatives in both a formal and informal setting.
- Ensures that Quality engineers are technically competent to perform their essential duties. Provides necessary checks/controls and development plans if a Quality Engineers is lacking competence in a specific area.
- Continuous Improvement: Looks for and works to eliminate waste in processes. Including but not limited to the quality processes such as Change Management, PPAP documents and the Corrective Action Process.
- Organize the Management Review Meeting (MRM) yearly and keep the executive team updated on strategy and goals
- Lead a small team of quality engineers, quality technicians, and quality inspectors.
- BS degree in Science or Engineering with a focus on quality/statistics in a manufacturing environment
- Strong background in assembly production
- Knowledge of process controls techniques in production.
- Minimum 10 years' experience as a quality professional with 3 plus years of direct reports.
- Must have an extensive knowledge of quality management tools and how they should be used.
- Background in Lean/Continuous Improvement/Six Sigma is preferred.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, prints, gage diagrams, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Able to build a strong quality team and drive positive change in an organization