TalentBridge is representing a global manufacturing organization in their search for a Quality Manager. As a critical and strategic member of management team, the Quality Manager will lead a team of quality professionals to ensure continuous production of products meet the established internal and ISO standards.
Quality Manager Summary:
- Provide leadership and management for the quality function and sustain the quality philosophy and lean culture for the division.
- Enhance and improve the division s products and services through the implementation of ISO 9001 problem-solving tools, prevention methods, quality-at-the-source and continual improvement techniques.
- Plans, participates and analyzes in internal audits.
- Provide inspection activity for product through production life cycle
- Leads Others: Formally and informally leads others in making good safety decisions, improvements on quality and generally improving processes.
- Leads Proactive Projects: Initiates and leads projects that span the entire plant.
- Tracks progress and communicates improvements
- Training: Able to train people at all levels of the organization on quality tools and/or quality initiatives in both a formal and informal setting.
- Ensures that Quality engineers are technically competent to perform their essential duties. Provides necessary checks/controls and development plans if a Quality Engineers is lacking competence in a specific area.
- Continuous Improvement: Looks for and works to eliminate waste in processes. Including but not limited to the quality processes such as Change Management, PPAP documents and the Corrective Action Process.
- Associates degree or equivalent from a two-year college
- Strong background in high volume manufacturing, familiar with machining, understanding of metals, and GD&T
- Knowledge of process controls techniques in production.
- ISO Standard knowledge
- At least 5 years' experience as a quality professional
- Knowledge of quality management tools and how they should be used.
- Background in Lean/Continuous Improvement/Six Sigma is preferred.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, prints, gage diagrams, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Able to build a strong quality team and drive positive change in an organization