Location : Charlotte, NC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : MAM_FC
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5+
Required Education : BS, MS
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Other
Job Description :
Global Chemical Company seeking R&D Chemist with strong formulation experience.
- Develop New products and/or optimization of current products in the performance chemicals pipeline with an emphasis on quality, value, benefits and cost with profitability in mind.
- Have a proactive focus for future growth of Company.
- Creative additive solutions for coatings and adhesive applications. Working knowledge of silicones, polymers, defoamers, etc.
- Develop formulations for target customers.
- Architecture coatings, Industrial Coatings (ie concrete, protective, etc), Wood Coatings, Adhesives, Construction, Graphics Arts, etc.
- Develop product designs focused on vacancies in the market creating a competitive edge for the Company.
- Strong knowledge of lab equipment, application, calibration, and general maintenance.
- Cross functional collaboration with sales, marketing, and production to bring new products to commercialization stage.
- Interact with Quality Control on test method development to define required product specifications.
- Trouble shoot areas of production and investigate client quality complaints.
- Maintain good documentation of manufacturing and quality processes.
- Collaboration with team/other departments to find creative solutions.
- Ability to communicate process start to finish with customers. Updating on processes/road blocks and solutions.
Required Qualifications :
- B.S. in chemistry or related field preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of most recent experience developing creative coatings and adhesives formulations.
- Desirable - Experience with defoamers, silicones and other additives.
- Experience with paint and coating additive (defoamers, flow, mar and slip, anti-corrosion additive …etc.) water and stain repellent coatings for porous and non-porous surfaces; super hydrophobic formulations for non-porous, glass and polycarbonate surfaces; super wetter silicone surfactants.
- Ability to setup up experiments with proper controls to provide needed data output.
- Analytical problem solving.
- Ability to manage time and prioritize multiple projects at a time.
- Must have excellent decision-making skills and the ability to work effectively with all other levels of the organization and have a demonstrated orientation to teamwork principles.
- Good presentation skills, results oriented, strong attention to detail, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel as needed.