Assist formulation scientist(s) by conducting lab scale formula trials, analyzing finished goods, reporting results to R & D team assisting production during the scale-up process, and maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
This will be achieved by:
- Effectively collaborate and communicate with R & D team
- Accurately weigh appropriate raw materials for lab batches
- Perform laboratory bench work to investigate formulations and formulation changes
- Identifies, calibrates, and maintain equipment and lab supplies
- Evaluate physical properties and characteristics of raw materials.
- Keeps Manager informed, both verbally and in writing, of any issues within assigned area of responsibility
- Familiarity lab documentation.
- Develop the ability to repeat processes to ensure consistency
- Perform troubleshooting on various processes/products
- Work with formulators/production to develop solutions to production issues
- Ensuring that GMP practices are followed.
- Develop an understanding of all equipment needed to perform specified duties
- Provide recommendations for product improvements
- Collect relevant data, and communicate results to appropriate personnel
- Ensure compliance with all federal and state government agency laws
- BS or AS in a Life Science or related field or experience in industry a trade-off for lack of degree
- Effectively work within a team environment.
- Willingness to learn in high pace environment.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a group setting
- Ability to lift weights up to 50 pounds as needed.
- Creative with strong problem solving ability